Sunday, July 4, 2010

{day 185 of 365}

Hi, my name is Heather. I'm a blogger, and it's been 20 days since my last post. I am a LOSER blogger! But, at least I have been away from my house. I need to do a quick run down. I'll try to include pictures, not that any one really cares! LOL I am blogging this for my own good. If I ever get around to doing my P365 album. We are going to Colorado in August, it's a goal to get caught up then. Yeah, right!

June 15 {2010} M and I ran errands today. I had to get nails done, etc. She had her toes painted with Mickey ears. Totally cute.

June 16 {2010}I woke up before 5:30 am! I am insane. But, we had to catch a plane at 8. We met my inlaws in San Antonio to pick up Hunter. We ate some food...I had TexMex...and on to Orlando we went! We were supposed to be going to jamaica, but with the search for Dudus, a drug lord, had caused some serious issues in Kingston, and we didn't feel comfortable taking our kids to Jamaica for my sister's wedding. So, we compromised and vacationed in Florida. I would head to Jamaica on Sunday in time for the wedding.
We stayed at the Hilton Bonnet Creek...it was great. The pool rocked, and it's a new hotel so all was so clean and pretty!
Tonight, we went to Downtown Disney and ended up eating at Planet Hollywood. We probably don't have to eat there again, but it was food. This was the scene as I stepped out of the car. So pretty.


June 17: Fun times today. We slept in a bit, went to our favorite local Walmart for some essentials such as sun screen, theme park tickets, and a couple of tshirts!


Then, on to the outlets to do a bit of shopping. We ate lunch and got a smoothie! We totally wanted to go swimming that afternoon, but it rained for like 3 hours! So, instead, we gave Heath his father's day presents, early, played hide-and-seek, etc.


Then, we met Heath's sister and family at DTD. We ate at Fultons, so much fun!



June 18 {2010} So, we went to Universal Studios for the opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. We waiting in line for 2 hours before the park opened, line wasn't too bad, but somehow, the line inside the park was 7 hours to get into HP! Really? With a 5 and 9 YO, we don't wait for anything for that long! We did, on the other hand, ride most of the rides with no line! Fun times. The kids were completely understanding about HP.

June 19 {2010} Before bed the night before, I decided to try a reservation for breakfast at Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom, and SCORE! got 'em! We ate and were in the park, ready for rope drop at 9 am! I also consulted Tour Guide Mike for how to tour the park today...and it totally worked. Before 11 am: Space Mountain (and additional Fast Passes for SM), 2 times on Buzz Lightyear (plus a FP), Goofy's Barnstormer, train around to Frontierland, 2 times on Big Thunder (plus a FP), and Splash Mountain! We rocked MK this morning! We hung out for lunch, then onto Haunted Mansion, Small World, Mickey's Philharmagic, Laugh Floor, and a parade! Naps, swimming, then back for a rainfilled evening of using our fast passes!


June 20 {2010} I headed to Jamaica. I flew alone and watched a movie. he he. Then, dad met me at the airport. and a couple of pina coladas later, we headed to Ocho Rios. Met all sorts of people, said hi to loved ones and friends, and then on to the rehearsal! I "stepped" in for Amber as the bride. This is my dad walking me down the aisle! I love it.


June 21 {2010} It's my baby sister's wedding day. I hung with her all day, breakfast, lunch, getting ready. She was absolutely beautiful, seriously. Take a look at some of my pictures.



I should also say, while I was in Jamaica, Heath and the kids returned to Universal. So, they waiting only an hour or so to get into HP! And, they had a great time! They rode all of the rides, drank butterbeers, and bought wands. They LOVED it. I can't wait till next time that I get to go too!

June 22 {2010} I flew home on the same flight with my uncle. It was fun spending time with him, talking about all of our travels, etc.
I got back to the hotel around 6 and went straight to Hollywood Studios. We rode a few rides, used some FPs...and ate some yummy food. We rode Toy Story Mania a few times, love that ride!

June 23 {2010} We slept in, packed, then on to the airport. Our plane was delayed for 4 hours so it would make Heath miss his connection in Dallas to Albuquerque. He had to work the next day, so Southwest was awesome and got him on a new flight so he'd make it home that night. I love Southwest. Our flight ended up only being delayed 2.5 hours, so it wasn't too bad.  We landed in Dallas around 8 pm. Mom and dad picked us up, and we ate Tex Mex for supper. YUM!

June 24 {2010} Dad played golf with frat bros while Robyn and I took Mom back to the airport for a conference. We then took the kids to see Toy Story 3. LOVED IT!


We just hung at the hotel and watched tv, swam, etc.

June 25 {2010} H and I woke up at 4:30 am. yes, you read that right.
4:30 am
Why? you ask
Kanakuk. He left from Dallas this year and the bus leaves at 5:30!
So I took him to the bus...here he is with his trunk.


gosh, I love that kid so much!  Robyn and I headed on down to Waco after eating breakfast.

June 26{2010} Robyn and I woke up and hit a couple of shops here in Waco. I found some cool lockers for H's room.

June 27 {2010} I can't remember anything I did today. So sad, I must have done very little!

June 28 {2010} Took M to school with my nephew. I ran some errands and went to lunch with dad. Then M and I headed up to Dallas. We met Jenni, Janet, R and K. Fun time ahead! Here the girls are at dinner, not sure what kind of concoction they are making.

June 29 {2010} We took the girl to American Girl Place in Dallas. Oh, the fun we all had. Kit and Ruthie got their hair done. We had lunch, the girls shopped just a bit! A few pics highlighting our day:

June 30 {2010} J was sick so i stayed home with M and J.  M and I went to lunch with my BFF from high school and her kids. Good times seeing her.

July 1 {2010} Robyn's birthday! We didn't do much. Took the kids to school. I went to lunch with Holly and we shopped a bit at Spice! Test driving a VeraCruz. Like it.

July 2 {2010} Robyn and I spent the day together for her birthday. Spa day, lunch at PeiWei, and Ecliplse! Totally fun!

Mom, Dad, Robyn, the kids and I to Cyclone. Love Texas BBQ!

July 3 {2010} Stayed home. Laundry, cleaning, etc. Ate El Con for dinner. can you see that my texas visits are centered around food. sad.
M and J playing "memaw and poppy"


July 4 {2010} Not sure what we'll do today. I hope it gets sunny so we can swim! I have a goal of pics of M. who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment