Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 is over?

How does this happen!?!? It goes so quickly. I'm going through facebook and twitter. Everyone giving New Years greetings, etc....makes me want to reflect on 2011. So, here I am...reflecting! ;)

2011 Top Eleven list:
11. Seeing my sweet friend Syl at another friend's wedding! I hadn't seen her in a couple of years. She went to med school with Heath and is truly an amazing friend!
10. Italy: I was so fortunate to go to Italy this year with my mother in law and sister in law. I got to meet some AMAZING people who I consider my friends! There is something about a group of scrappers...when you have something in common like memory keeping, you have an instant special connection! Thank you Jim West and Ali Edwards for making this trip possible!
9.  Spending several days with a dear friend doing my best to take care of her and give her moral support during a difficult time....just us. (and her husband) I truly treasured this special time.
8. "Family Ranger Nights" as Madysen named them. We watched the Texas Rangers a lot this year...mostly in TV since we live out of state but we able to go to two games at the Ballpark! We had a fun time watching them make it to the World Series! Go Rangers!
7. Disney Cruise! How fun it was...it was one of our all time favorite family vacations!
6. Kanakuk: I was elated to pick Hunter up from Kamp this year! He got the "Starburst" award for being the encourager of his cabin.
5. Hosting my family at Thanksgiving. Living out of state away from our families means we go home more than they come to my house. It was fabulous having my sister, brother in law, mom and dad at my house for Thanksgiving. It seems that most  of the time we have to travel if we want to see our families during the holidays so it was a special time to host people at my house and not have to travel to see my family at the holidays.
4. Being in Waco when my sweet nephew Avery was born! Heath made it possible for me to come home when Robyn had him. We were all here together. Such an amazing time when a new baby is welcomed into the family
3. Baylor...I've grown up loving Baylor. My dad graduated from there in 1969 (I did in 1998). I was raised going to homecoming and maybe even another game during a football season. Then, we moved to Waco when I was 10. My dad and I went to nearly every game...football and basketball, and later baseball. I LOVE Baylor. Love. Anyway, it has been a magical year for Baylor athletics. We started the year off hosting a Baylor alumni watch party for the BU/TCU game in Albuquerque. We celebrated BIG was when Robert Griffin III won the Heisman trophy and cheered them on to a 10 win season which concluded at the Alamo Bowl this weekend. Now our men's and women's basketball are both in the top 10...about to both be in the top 5! So fun and amazing to be a Bear! Sic 'em!
2.One Little Word: I adopted my OWL this year as "Create." I've been challenged to take a couple of creative risks and look at things a little differently. I've loved this experience, and can't wait to get started on my OLW for 2012! What I've done with Create: started a Photography business, started back with paper scrapping, continuing digital scrap design, done my best with creating some new experiences and memories with my family, learning to create a website right now! LOL
1. 15 years...yes, this was Heath and my 15 year anniversary! I can't believe it, but I have to say, this was the highlight of my year...it helps that it was just a few days ago! LOL I LOVE YOU HEATH!


Happy New Year! (and don't forget to eat your Black Eyed Peas!)

No comments:

Post a Comment