Wednesday, January 18, 2012

{Week 1} Project Life: 2012

I'm tackling Project Life (also known as P365) this year. We are two weeks into 2012 and so far it's successful for me! LOL One thing that is working is the my son (11) is totally into it, saving things for me and asking to help me out!

My One Little Word for 2012 is moment, and I feel as this is going to let me embrace MOMENTs of my life in a different way than I would have otherwise!

I've started following many many scrappers who blog their project life stuff, it helps keep me motivated! :) (I should say I am following them on Twitter too!)

I am going to have to decide if I'm going to work each week on Sunday or Monday. So far, the first week, I did Sunday; second week, I did Monday. We'll see what happens...maybe whatever works for that week! I also want to keep up here, but you know how good I am at that! LOL

So, maybe on Tuesdays I will post my PL from the previous week. Although, today is Wednesday, and I'm late! I was trying to finish my title page before starting posting, but that's not done! One day...

Okay, here is what I've done so far!
Here is the entire spread 

The writer in me is now going to show you the "verso" page...also known as the left page. (My brain is still on writing mode b/c of the freelance project I JUST finished! I did take a picture of me working...bottom left!)

Now, to break down the page:

Date Title Card: I realized as I was starting this week, I wanted to date each week. My title page, I settled on  a "banner" 2012, where I made the flags in photoshop and printed them on presentation paper. I decided to continue that theme each week, to label the week. So, I bought some of the digital products that Becky has at Jessica Sprague and went full swing into hybrid! Of course I made it more difficult! LOL  Take a look at how it turned out...i really like it! I used photoshop to make the flags and then date each on. I made the entire year at once and then printed/cut/sewed the first quarter. (I also printed the months on the title 4x6 cards using photoshop.)

I also read somewhere (please forgive me b/c I've forgotten where) of the idea to add a "week in review" summary to your page if wanted. I LOVED this idea and did it in the first small place. The next one is our hotel key from Jan 1. I just journaled on it with a sharpie!

"Recto" or the right page...which covers Wed-Sat.

Here is my Starbucks cup wrapper from when M and I went on the way to gymnastics. Then the picture is from our trip to the scrap store after to buy my papers for One Little Word.   I also am using my "Instamax" that I got for Christmas. They are just so fun!!! 

Here is the second side of the "recto" page...I love the top. Heath took me to Chipolte and I stole the burrito wrapper for my "background!" How fun is that! I also included a receipt for our movie night and the score sheet from game night that night!

Multiple Images: On Friday, I didn't get a "picture" but decided to make one myself. I googled movie posters for the 3 movies that Heath and I watched that day and made them into one "picture" for my book and think it is so fun! (please note, we don't do this often, but he was off that day and I was working while watching! LOL)  H saw it, LOVED it, and asked if one day this month, if I would make one for tv shows he watched. I really love this idea and have every intention of doing it! If you want to learn how to put multiple images onto one picture, Ali Edwards has a good tutorial. I already know, but am proficient at photoshop, but YOU too can do it!

Insert: The kids and I had fun making cake pops Saturday afternoon. I love my husband, who grabbed the camera to take pictures of us....he's so sweet! I LOVE these!  I used the 4-6x6 pocket page. But, I cut it in half. I saved the other half for later use! (no i didn't just throw it away!)

Here are a few things I still am needing to decide:
1. Will i ever make it look more like a traditional scrap page? Or will I continue with a "smash album" look. I love the smash look. My thoughts are, I'll continue to scrap, paper and digital, and maybe I should just let those be my "scrap pages" and this be my smash journal. I guess we'll see! Who knows!
2. How else can I incorporate digital and hybrid. I'm sure I'll keep hybrid, digital is just in me!
3. I seriously need to figure out the dang title page.
4. Do include struggles of my life too? That is life right? But, how deep?
5. I'm sure there are tons of things I also need to decide on...I'll figure them out one at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Title Page....I didn't do the title page for 2011 until last week. I wanted the title page to represent that year so I printed a couple of my favorite pictures to add there. I'll do the same with 2012 because I liked how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great, Heather! Good luck with the project!

    ReplyDelete