Wednesday, February 17, 2010

{day 48 out of 365} the catch up post

Okay, so I've completely neglected this blog! Maybe I've even been neglecting my life! LOL! Not really, but we've been sick, I've been watching the Olympics, and the fam went to Crested Butte over the holiday weekend. I just didn't get here, but I've written notes to myself so I could catch up! LOL!
So to catch up (and even with pictures!)
day 33 Feb 2 {2010} I cleaned the house all day long getting ready to leave for my trip to Dallas. (don't tell heath, but I also went shopping just a little bit!) Brianna came over to meet the kids since she'd babysit while I was gone.

day 34 Feb 3 {2010} Wednesday is a short day for H at school. So, when he got home, I made him paint his Boxville office box! While he did that, I used my Slice to make his sign. I've had my Slice for a long while, but this was the first I used it. It's super cool too! I ordered pizza for dinner, and while we ate, the family watched the Baylor basketball game. A bit after halftime, I left for the airport. Mom and Molly picked me up at Love Field. Fun times ahead!

day 35 Feb 4 {2010} We woke up around 8 am. Pretty good for 3 women in a hotel room! HA! Breakfast was at one of my favorite spots: The Original Pancake House...mom and I got our favorite: Potato Pancakes! YUM!!!!! We then went to the World Trade Center in Dallas for our fact finding mission! Heath and I have a new house...and it needs some furniture, big time! In a couple of months, we'll start buying furniture, but I needed to get an idea as to what I wanted and where to get it. Since both Mom and Molly have stores, we can get much of what we need for wholesale prices. Yippy!!! Here is a COOL buffet I found for the dining room...which has NO furniture in it! LOL! How beautiful is this!
After eating no lunch, we headed to north Dallas to eat at Three Forks, and was it super yummy!! After that, we headed back to the hotel for Grey's and Private Practice. In addition, I tried to help Mom out with her iPhone and Molly with her computer in general. I hope I helped a little!

day 36 Feb 5 {2010} Breakfast at Market Diner, our waiter totally made it the BEST time, seriously! He was awesome, made me laugh several times! Then, back to our furniture mission. I found the fabric, the coolest fabric ever, for either my couch or a chair in my room and make my room match it. not sure which yet! In addition, I found the funkiest, funnest, coolest, most comfy chair ever....
Mom and Molly left, I took a nap and waited for my older sister to come and meet me for the night. When Robyn got there, we grabbed a cab and headed to Pappasitos!!! The BEST Tex-mex restaurant ever! After some massive fajitas and a pitcher of margaritas later...we crashed at the hotel! Here is the pic our waitress took of us! (We look a little alike huh?)


day 37 Feb 6 {2010} Robyn and I went back to Original Pancake House for Potato Pancakes. Seriously, I love these things. Then, she took me to the airport, and i headed on home. I got home and the family watched the Bears again...altho I can't remember who they played...I think A&M...I think we lost.

day 38 Feb 7 {2010} Super Bowl Sunday!!! I sat around in my pjs all day, seriously. Good stuff! We were invited to Anna's house for a party. We left around 3:30, stopping by the pharmacy getting meds. I have the adult version of hand, foot and mouth...with blisters all in my mouth...OUCH! And, also, i have a sinus infection. Not good.
We had a great time at the party. We played a "grid" with the other 15 people. Guess who won $60 at the end of the game? yip, not me, not heath...H WON!!! Here is his proud pic!
Good times. We loved the game. I love Peyton Manning, but was rooting for the Saints. I LOVE Drew Brees and am SO excited they won. It is so great for NOLA. I love that city. We've been a few times and am so happy for them!

day 39 Feb 8 {2010} SICK! Seriously. I took no pictures, did nothing. I laid on the couch and watched HGTV and took naps. That is sad.

day 40 Feb 9 {2010} After taking the kids, I get the oil changed on my Durango...yeah over 1000 miles late! And, I'm still SICK, but feeling slightly better. I did a little designing today. Then, went back to the couch! LOL! Oh, but most important...Heath and I booked our dream vacation to Italy!!! WOO HOO!!! It's a goal we've had since we were in college! First it was after college, but we were super poor. then after medical school...we were even more poor with two kids! So, now after residency, Heath promised to take me to see the Sistine Chapel. It's my goal in life. Anyway, I am PUMPED that we are going at the end of April. It's essentially a birthday present for me in April!

day 41 Feb 10 {2010} feeling better. Today I'm not sure what I did! LOL! I think some laundry, the dishes (maybe). I also sent a request to the Vatican for a tour of the Necropolis. My inlaws went on this private tour (hard to get a ticket to) and said it was their favorite. So, I sent in a request. I'm still being lazy and forgot pictures again! LOL! (Watched Baylor beat Nebraska...so proud of my basketball team!)

day 42 Feb 11 {2010} Took kids to school and then took Heath's truck for an oil change. I have an exciting life, right? After, I went to Barnes and Nobel for some books on Italy. In addition, I bought Heath some fabulous books on clearance by his favorite authors! And, 2 for me by Meg Cabot. One of my favs! I ate lunch at Pei Wei...I have an obsession with Pad Thai! Love it! And, on to M's Valentine party at her school.

Day 43 Feb 12 {2010} I had a few errands to do before heading to crested butte. I needed to secure the valentine's presents for my kids. Not too much of an option in CB for presents! LOL! So, then I get home, finish up the packing and cleaning the house a bit, and we pack the car. We head to H's school to see Boxville. It was fun seeing their classroom community in full function! We took H out of school a bit b/c we have to drive through a canyon outside of gunnison, and I don't like doing it at night with deer and ice! After unloading the truck and letting the dogs out, we headed to eat pizza at the Secret Stash. YUM! While waiting, we played a game of Candy Land, H won. I discovered a new pizza...Tahoe Blue. It has Blue Cheese dressing, bacon, chicken, tomatoes. OMGoodness, and I mean GOODNESS! Then, we went home to watch the opening ceremonies of the OLYMPICS! woo HOO!!

*I totally forgot! When taking M and my suitcases to the basement of the cabin, I totally twisted my ankle and fell. I hurt it bad, it's been a while since I hurt my ankle like this. Heath thinks I might have come close to tearing a ligament. oh yeah. i can't walk.


day 44 Feb 13 {2010} So, my ankle was seriously swollen this morning. it's hurting to walk, bad. It hurts the most to point it! So, my plans today? nothing!!! WOO HOO! Let's see what I did while my family went skiing: watched You've Got Mail, watched the Olympics, listened to Baylor beat Mizzu, watched more Olympics, designed my little sister's wedding invitations, watched MORE Olympics, and cooked dinner! fun times! Oh, and this is heath snowplowing the driveway at the cabin! (This is my in law's cabin.) (was this the Women's Mogul night? I can't remember, but so happy for Hannah for winning Gold! And, for Apollo's silver! the luge makes me crazy nervous! I'm so sad for that young man and his family. What a tragedy!)
Day 45 Feb 14 {2010} Happy Love Day! I loved today, my family went skiing again. I did nothing, though I'm walking better, but no pivoting, etc. Still hurts. My kids are rocking the ski school gig! Seriously. H's goal? He wants to practice his "tricks" aka...jumping, etc! He is looking good! M...she amazes me! I did nothing again. Can you say OLYMPICS! he he...seriously, I love them so much! GO USA!!! (Had so much fun watching again! Yeah for Canada's first Gold! heath and I love to cheer for Canada, as one of our bestest friends, Syl, is from Canada. We cheer for her!) Oh, and I scrapped today. I got several pages of m 2009 album finished...which is a goal for myself!

Here are the kids before opening the presents! I'm sorry but we have two cuties!!! M is a ham! After this we went to eat at the Wooden Nickel. LOVE IT! Then back to watch more Olympics...though I can't remember what was when. Sad! I guess the short program in pairs, etc.

Day 46 Feb 15 {2010} Our last day in CB. Heath took the kids to ski school, but decided to come back and help with getting the house cleaned up. We didn't do much, just hung out. Then, we went to get the kids. H's instructor said he can totally do jumps, the best of his group. Awesome. I think moguls the other night inspired him. He's recently added to his career options "skiing" to his baseball dreams. I guess it could be worse! LOL! M skied her first blue today. UUUmmm, she is 4!!! And, she's a better skier than me. She told us she asked to do some jumps today, but her instructor told her that the mountain ski manager said she was too young. Ya think!?!? LOL! She's our little dare devil! Here is H skiing back down to us after he took one last run before we left.
We drove home, arriving around 10 pm. Heath and I actually stayed up to watch the Olympics. What were we thinking? Our bedtime was like 1 am! The best time? Yeah, that'd be Heath's new drinking game so that he could make it through figure skating! LOL!

Day 47 Feb 16 {2010} Okay, take a guess. you got it! I watched the Olympics all day again! I'm a loser. I'm totally unproductive. I love them and can't stop watching! Now, we also watched Baylor beat Texas Tech in basketball...woo hoo! I made homemade Tomato Basil Soup and Dirty Toe Salad (a version of a Caesar!) for supper. OMGoodness...it was SO GOOD!!! And, more Olympics last night! I think I dozed off in the middle of them, but Heath woke me for something or another!

Day 48 Feb 17 {2010} Today I finished working on Amber's wedding invites. All I need to is save them in the correct format and send them to Mom so she can get them to the printers! I did her Invites, RSVPs, and Travel Info. She's getting married in Jamaica in June! Can't wait till our little trip! Wednesday is a short day for H, and today he had a friend come home with him. After them playing for a bit (and me eating TBSoup for lunch), we went to see Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief. H and I are currently reading this book together, and LOVING it. The movie ROCKED! I really enjoyed it! We picked Panda Express up for dinner...yippy for drive through! Then, home for dinner and to watch the Olympics and homework.

My kids are sleepers...well, so are Heath and I. But, tonight, M came to me at 8:02 and asked if it was her bedtime yet. I was expecting a fit to stay up later when I answered yes, but instead she says...."Oh good, I'm super tired tonight mommy." Awesome. It took her one minute to get to sleep. H asked to stay up and watch the Olympics. It was downhill, short track, 1000m Speed Skating, and Snowboard Half Pipe. Of course, baby! You have an Olympic obsessed mom! He made it till 9:15....he still had 15 min till his bedtime. I asked if he wanted to go to bed; he answered no, told me to wake him up for Shaun White. So, I did. He just went to sleep! The USA rocked the medals tonight! So proud and happy for Lindsay, Shani, and Shaun! Too fun! Can't wait till tomorrow! (see I'm outta control!)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome catch up Heather!! Wow, you've got some amazing trips coming up - it seems like you are always at the airport, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete