Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 3-Your first love

This is an easy one!?!?

My first love is my only love...I know I'm lucky.

Heath and I in Italy (our dream vacation) in April

At the age of 18, I had just graduated from high school, was getting ready to go off to college at Baylor. That summer, my family headed to DisneyWorld for a family vacation...it was a great summer! In August, like 2 weeks before going to school (I can't say off to school b/c Baylor was 10 whole miles from my parents.), I met Heath! You won't believe where...well, I say where, we knew each other in high school--or knew who the other was. We were country dancing...you know Texas 2-stepping, good stuff. We ended up talking most of the night. I can't even remember is we danced, but I'm sure we did. We met at Elk Hall. I dare you to go look up Elk, Texas. ha!

And, I swear, it was within a week, that I knew I would spend my life with him.

We were married 4 years later, not out of college yet. Yes, we were young! We've gone through half of our lives together and wouldn't change that fact! We've gone through ups and downs....moved all over the place, etc. But, I can honestly say, I love him more now than ever! I was blessed the day I met you, Heath!?!? (i hope you are reading this since I just spoke to you directly! LOL)

5 reasons I love Heath...
1. He loves me no matter what I do. He has unconditional love.
2. He modeled one of the most important character qualities to our children...perserverance. He has shown them an incredible work ethic and commitment through medical school and residency.
3. He loves to have fun and get silly with me and the kids. We love to laugh together.
4. He wants everyone around him to be happy, and usually makes sure they are, before he worries about himself being happy.
5. He helps me reach my full potential and ready my dreams and goals.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Heather!
    Just love to stop by your blog and read YOUR daily comments! Actually today´s post is gonna be similar to yours....Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet Heather. You are a lucky girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heath was a great guy even as a 6th grader! Really! I knew he was going to grow up to be a good man! I think you have a "happily ever after" story. Especially the way your name completes his! Yes...I notice very cool things like that. Way to go....both of you.
    Jenny (6th grade math teacher to Heath and friend/co-worker to Heather)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story! Sounds like an awesome man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this story. Heath sounds like someone that you just want to get to know. Lucky girl. :)

    ReplyDelete