I've been thinking about this, but I'm seriously not sure what to write about. Does the prompt mean life lessons? Lessons I've learned in school? I'm just not sure how to attack this topic.
I am pretty sure no one is interested in the academic things I have learned through my bachelors and masters in elementary education, though, i can seriously get on a soap box about some things....but that is not why we are here!
Life lessons has to be what it means.
1. Treat others as you want to be treated...maybe even better!
2. My mom told me many years ago, don't pray for patience, you WILL be tested!
3. Take time to enjoy the little stuff. (I did this yesterday, then took pictures. I am hoping to blog about it later today before the "freshness" of the experience escapes me.)
4. Hugs make everything better. Hug and hug and hug the ones you love!
5. I am not a pleasant person if I am hungry or tired. So I need to eat and sleep regularly.
6. If you smile at someone, it's super hard for them not to smile back eventually! In medical school, we would drive to the school together. (H had a preschool there, and I would study for my masters in the library while Heath was in class.) There was this one security guard who was just angry and NEVER smiled. We made it our goal to make him smile by the end of the semester. So every time we'd drive on to campus, we would stop, say hi, smile. It only took a week, but he greeted us each morning with a smile...I'm pretty sure we were the only ones!
7. You might not have a tons of friends, and you will be lucky to have a handful of GREAT friends.
8. Love is a choice you make each and every day. I might not like Heath every day, but I do choose to love him every day. Marriage might be started with "love" but it is maintained by good choices.
9. It's easier to do the dishes right after a meal, the food doesn't stick near as bad!
10. Laundry never, ever, ever stops. EVER.
I'm so boring today. I'm sorry I have no "epiphany" for all of you...these are just small lessons that have come to my brain as I type.
Thank you all so much for keeping up with my blog for 24 days! Hope you all have a great day!